Students from K-6 enjoyed a variety of hands-on activities to boost their problem-solving skills. Thank you to Mr Ed for visiting us with your World of Maths!
The Digital Media Festival is fast approaching. Here’s a taste of our fantastic film…
Shout out to Lupin and the Witherow-Quills who are in America on holiday. Hope you’re having a great time!
Keita is proudly representing her football club and our school at the Northern NSW Girls’ State Championships. Have a great time and play hard!
Another fantastic Book Week. Thank you to all the kids for getting involved and to the lovely Mrs Bowman for the photos.
Check out the highlights from Day 3 of the Great Aussie Bush Camp!
Check out the highlights from Day 2 of the Great Aussie Bush Camp!
Check out the highlights from Day 1 of the Stage 3 Great Aussie Bush Camp!
5R created some fantastic and entertaining informative videos. Sit back, relax and take a look…
Homework has changed! This term you will be writing each week for homework and from next week will be evaluating your writing. 5R Homework-1oj62x8
We are now officially halfway through Year 5!
Our topics for this term will include:
- Focus on Reading (comprehension based reading)
- Informative writing (reports, recounts, procedures, etc and including a grammar focus)
- Spelling: Premier’s Spelling Bee list words and then our etymological program.
- Maths: Angles, Fractions and Decimals, Volume and Capacity, Mass, Patterns and Algebra, Chance, Length, Area, and Data.
- Science: Properties and States of Matter
- History: Australia’s Colonial History
- Sport: combined stage sport (Revolution, bike riding or in-school sport)
- PDH: Child Protection
- PE: cooperative games and Fundamental Movement Skills (Oz-tag and netball)
*Music with the lovely Miss Hibbert
*Art Cave with the sensational Jane
*Library with the beautiful Mrs Derricott
Watch the clip for Fidget Spinners and record the VIPs (Very Important Points).
We had a great time learning about the phases of the moon – thanks to Mrs Bowman for designing the lesson!
Congratulations to Nikolai, Ted and Georgie for participating in the Stage 3 Speak Off today! You all did a wonderful job and represented our class in a wonderful manner.
An extra-special congratulations to Georgie for ranking second and moving onto the next round. Great job!
Congratulations to our wonderful classmate Keita for competing in and WINNING the Under 12s National Championship for Bouldering – we’re so proud of you!
It’s speech time again!
Topic: People and events that changed the world.
Length: 2-3 minutes
Students need to write their speech at home and will present their speech next week on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Remember the use of ICT is recommended! If the audience is looking at a screen, they’re not staring at you!